You just landed a date with the cutie you met at your bestie’s
summer bash. Score! Only problem? Neither of you can drive. Never fret. Relying
on parents for rides can be tough, but when it’s the only way to see your guy,
it’s worth it. Here are some practical solutions that will make the transportation
issue a li’l easier.
1. Plan ahead. Let your rents know the deal, so that you aren’t springing anything on them last minute. Bonus: They’ll totes
be impressed with your mature sense of responsibility.
2. Try going to one of your houses, instead of going out all
the time. This cuts transportation in half because only one of you has to hitch
a ride. But be sure to alternate which house you go to so that one family isn’t
racking up all the miles.
3. Take advantage of technology. Even if you can’t see each
other in person that often, you can always call, text, instant message or video
chat. He might not be there in person, but at least he’s just a call or click
4. Go for a walk if you want to get out of the house. One-on-one
time and exercise in the great outdoors? Sold.
5. Meet somewhere in between. Distance makes the heart grow
fonder, but if you live so far apart that neither of your parents want to make
the trip, there could be an issue. Cutting the driving time in half makes both
6. Try public transportation. Depending on where you live, taking
the bus or metro can be a quick and convenient option. Only catch? Make sure it’s
safe and your parents get the go-ahead.
7. Bike or walk to his place. That is, if he lives close
enough. Get a change of scenery at a local park or playground if you can’t head
to each other’s house.
Love this post? You'll heart these too...
BY CAROLINE MACLURE ON 6/16/2013 12:00:00 AM
POSTED IN guys, dating advice, GL's best guy advice, crush crash course, boyfriend Q & A, long distance love, date