3 things to do before you send out your party invites
What should I get my BF for the holidays?
Some mean things a friend said online are coming back to haunt her. Help?
Stereotypes get squashed in The Blossoming Universe of Violet Diamond
Your weekly horoscope
Infi-knit possibilities: 15 gloves, scarves and hats under $25
Cover up dark circles like they’re not even there
I have a cold sore. Do I have herpes?
Are you ready for a boyfriend?
Heart or hate our Holiday Issue? Send us your thoughts!
Willow Shields on the set of GL's Dec/Jan '14 cover shoot
More Friends = More Fun
CREATE A PROFILE
GL Tweets !
AN HOUR AGO It's chilly out! Heat things up for you and your hot date: http://t.co/OgtQbFmfJp
1 HOURS AGO Is the price of love unthinkable? Win a copy of @HarlequinTeen’s #TheIronTraitor by @Jkagawa, and read to find out: http://t.co/yeG2EhaCG8
3 HOURS AGO 4 moves to get bodycon ready: http://t.co/kgikc7ohMy
Check these out, too...
1. On the heavy side of your part, grab a 3-inch bit of hair and divide it into three small and equal sections.
2. Alternate pulling each outer section under and toward the middle: Weave section 1 under 2, 3 under 1, 2 under 3.
3. Repeat step 2, feeding in more hair from each outer side as you move along the hairline, pulling tight.
4. At mid-ear level, pull locks up to the back of your head. Braid normally (as in, don’t add hair!). Secure end with tie.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 on opposite side, creating a mirrored braid. Loosen both braids for a little bit of messy texture
6. Twist both braids together to form a bun at the back of your head. Secure with pins, then mist all over with hairspray.
The finishing touch: Snap a pic to Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #GLgirl. Fab!
Instant Pinspiration: 10 ways to DIY denim shorts
Pinspiration: DIY your way to a new pair of sunnies
Get pedi perfection with our Emmy Rossum-inspired nail art
Glam? Sweet? Rocker? Amazing beauty tricks for your style
Love this look? You can find braiding specialist Isabel Guillen at The John Barrett Salon’s Braid Bar, tucked inside Bergdorf Goodman in NYC, and at johnbarrett.com.
Love this post? You'll heart these too...
+ Get The Look! Score style secrets with our weekly fash newsletter
+ Swimsuits that flatter your figure
+ Melt-proof your makeup
WIN BIG! Stock your wardrobe with $1000 worth of 15-Fifteen jeans.
Oh snap! Get the latest from GL on Instagram
BY KELSEY HAYWOOD ON 7/7/2013 10:30:00 AM
POSTED IN beauty, hair, how to, tips, summer, In the mag, June/July 2013
It's a DIY delivery!
CLICK HERE to snag a cute craft box filled with dazzling DIY materials, cinchy step-by-step instructions, awesome inspo and more—all delivered right to your door!