Ever have trouble getting the kids you’re sitting to get to sleep? Here are some good tricks to get the kids tucked in and asleep in no time!
1. Wear them out during the day, but stop the active or
outdoor activities an hour before bedtime and start with more relaxed play.
2. As bedtime fast approaches, avoid turning on the TV or
popping in a movie. This will only make it harder to get the kids to bed.
3. Have them put on their PJs twenty or thirty minutes
before they have to be in bed.
4. When the time comes, be serious. If the kids know you
mean business, they won’t question your authority.
5. Bedtime stories with happy endings set kids up for a
restful night of sleep.
Even after the closets have been checked for monsters, stories have been read, and children are fast asleep, you’re still on the job! Here are some tips for babysitting after everyone is tucked in.
1. Do the dishes. The last thing parents want to come home to
is a sink full of dirty plates and silverware!
2. Straighten up the play area. It is inevitable that the
kids will have made a bit of a mess and it’s always good to get everything back
3. Sweep the kitchen. This is a small detail that parents
are sure to notice.
Once the house is spick and span, do a quiet activity like
reading a book or finishing up some homework. If the parents come home to kids
sound asleep and a clean house, you’re sure to get called back for another gig.
Love this post? You'll heart these too...
+ 5 places to meet your new bestie this summer
+ 10 vacay don'ts to avoid like the plague
+ Make it happen: Start a summer biz with your crew
WIN BIG! Stock your wardrobe with $1000 worth of 15-Fifteen jeans.
Oh snap! Get the latest from GL on Instagram.