Whether you’re going out to the theater to see this week’s blockbuster or staying in and watching an old fave, dinner and a movie is a classic date formula. But every now and then, it’s OK to change things up a li’l. Here are the perfect movie night date ideas your guy will give two thumbs up.
1. Prefer going to the theater? Try lunch and a matinee. The classic Friday or Saturday night movie is foolproof, but leaves you no time left in the day for other things. Mini golf, anyone?
2. Choose the movie ahead of time, and then make it a themed date. Hit up the pizza joint if the flick is set in NYC. Better yet: dress up like the characters, whether it’s set in the groovy ‘60s or outer space.
3. If you’re watching a funny movie at home, try making a fort out of sheets and blankets and bring the popcorn. Watching the flick from inside the fort is a playful approach to the movie date.
4. The more, the merrier! Make it a double date or invite the whole crew for non-stop fun. To sneak in some alone time with your guy, ask your friends come just for the movie and grab dinner as a duo.
5. Here’s a way to guarantee two dates: watch each of your fave movies together. This will be a surefire way to get to know your man and his interests. Ask him questions, like why why it’s his favorite and when he first saw it. You can also offer a fresh perspective that he’ll def love to hear.
6. Change up the kind of movie. If you lean towards seeing a certain type of movie, grab tix to something new. This can change the whole atmosphere of the date, which will keep things fresh.
Love this post? You'll heart these too...
+ Aww! Sweet guys that’ll melt your heart
+ 100 cute things to say around your crush
+ Smooching secrets from real guys
WIN BIG! Stock your wardrobe with $1000 worth of 15-Fifteen jeans.
Oh snap! Get the latest from GL on Instagram.
BY CAROLINE MACLURE ON 7/28/2013 12:00:00 AM
POSTED IN guys, dating advice, GL's best guy advice, crush crash course, boyfriend Q & A, weekend fun, date