How to dye the perfect Easter egg—no kit required!
4 ways to keep it cool around your crush
Dear Carol: How can I turn my attitude around?
The complete list of Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards winners
Is your romance destined to be star-crossed or is it sizzling? Get your horoscope here...
How to make a pretty (and inspiring) mason jar terrarium
4 steps to perfectly thick 'n' long lashes
The healthiest way to make blueberry muffins...right now
Share your thoughts on our April/May 2015 music issue! What did YOU love?
Nfinity Champions League 2: The Biggest Night in Cheerleading
More Friends = More Fun
CREATE A PROFILE
GL Tweets !
2 HOURS AGO Join GL's new book club! We're reading @Scholastic's Echo: http://t.co/ssPp4F2UbL
2 HOURS AGO RT @DoveCameron: got to Santa Monica for my @girlslifemag photoshoot a little early: kicked off my shoes, walked along… https://t.co/wYsYwOMo9G
3 HOURS AGO This 13-year-old girl might just be the best rock climber in the world. No, seriously: http://t.co/iyToEj9eVb
Check these out, too...
Kristen Bell pulls off this funky and youthful half updo by
incorporating side braids and twists into a single French braid on top. Here’s
how to create this edgy twist on a childhood favorite:
1. Start with a French braid by gathering 3 sections of hair from your crown and braiding them then incorporating surrounding pieces.
2. Braid half down and tie together.
3. Now create little side braids under the braided pieces and join those with the finished half braided French braid.
4. With all those pieces tied together, combine all three pieces into one braid and tie.
Lauren Conrad’s classic and simple side braid is a great way
to get out of the house quickly while still looking cute and put together. To
get this look:
1. Part hair evenly in the middle.
2. Take the two inches from the front and braid normally.
3. Use 2 bobby pins crossed in an X to hold your braid in place.
Out of ideas for a last minute date hairdo? Opt for Rachel
McAdam's princess style double braided crown for a quick and glam look. This
look is so flirty and feminine; it can dress up any outfit.
1. Create a deep side part.
2. Take the first two inches of hair and start a French braid working your way over your head to the opposite side and pin, tucking the ends underneath.
3. Repeat this step with another two inch piece of hair on the same side and work your way from one side to the other and pin.
4. Keep the remaining hair down or put it up in a flirty ponytail or messy bun.
5. Don’t forget to hairspray your ‘do in place!
Fishing for fabulous
Bored with your hair? Switch things up by going for a
stylish and flirty fishtail braid. Now, this may seem a little intimidating,
but trust us, practice makes perfect!
1. Pull hair into a side pony.
2. Split into 2 sections.
3. Take a quarter inch piece of hair from the back of one section and cross it over and to the other section.
4. Then repeat this step, alternating sides.
5. Remember to pull tight every time you cross over each section.
Crazy cute updos to try for winter formal
Pretty up your pony with embellished accessories
5 short hair celeb cuts worth copying
Hair brush 101: Pick the perf brush for your strands
Love this post? You'll heart these too...
+ First day outfit inspo
+ Hot summer fashion that won't melt your wallet
+ Stylin' vacay packing tips
WIN BIG! Stock your wardrobe with $1000 worth of 15-Fifteen jeans.
Oh snap! Get the latest from GL on Instagram.
BY LEXI FRIED ON 7/27/2013 12:00:00 AM
POSTED IN Celebs, star style, Lauren Conrad, beauty, hair, how to, tips, party
Design your dress with Duck Tape for a chance to win $10,000
Wanna stick out at prom? Check out Duck Tape's #StuckAtProm scholarship contest for a chance to show off your ah-mazing design skills! More than $50,000 in scholarships is up for grabs—CLICK HERE for deets.