Alright, fess up: as much as you love easy-to-manage, pin-straight hair, we all have those days where we crave bouncy, curly locks. And why wouldn’t we? Voluminous, spiraled hair is def gorgeous. So, what are you waiting for? We’ve lined up 7 easy steps to achieve that perf wave—with no heat-damaged frizz the next day.
1. Make sure hair is totally dry. Damp hair may seem like a good idea for this, but trust us, it’s not.
2. Separate hair into square sections, about 1.5 inches in width. The smaller the sections, the tighter your curls will be.
3. Take the hair from one section and twist it around your finger. Continue twisting until the hair coils around itself, then wrap it into a mini bun. Use a bobby pin or two to pin down the section onto your head.
4. Do step 3 with all remaining sections. Hint: it helps to begin with top sections and work your way down.
5. OK, let’s be real: Once all the sections are pinned, you’re going to look a bit zany. That’s cool, just go ahead and sleep with it in. It’s easier to sleep on than it looks, promise.
6. Next morning, carefully remove all of the bobby pins, starting at the bottom and working your way to the top. Work the curls out with your hand, but don’t brush it or they’ll get frizzy.
7. Ta-da! Rock your curly (and, er, totally natural) hair the entire day. A hit of hairspray helps it last.
Love this post? You’ll heart these too…
+ Your ultimate BTS style checklist
+ Fashion crimes you should never commit
+ Save time in the a.m. with these makeup tricks
WIN IT! Snag $400 worth of totes ‘n’ bags galore from Zatchels.
Oh snap! Get the latest from GL on Instagram.
BY MELISSA TRIBLE ON 8/19/2013 10:00:00 AM
POSTED IN beauty, hair, curly Qs, how to, tips, saver