Hannah Rox Nails
, makes mastering this spotted mani a snap with 6 easy steps. Check it out on page 32 of GL's October/November 2013
issue…or just watch Hannah's exclusive tutorial below!
The season's most wicked tips are dark, daring and dotted. Black-on-black feels fresh with a smattering of chic, shiny studs atop a matte base. GL's go-to nail guru, Hannah Lee of
1. Start with clean, filed and buffed nails.
2. Swipe on a base coat to prevent air bubbles and chipping, or smooth out uneven nail beds with a ridge filler.
3. Paint on a coat of inky polish and dry for two minutes. Repeat, then let dry for another five minutes.
Apply a matte topcoat, and (you guessed it!) let dry. Carefully mop up any polish mistakes with remover./div>
5. Dip a toothpick into clear top coat, then dab on spots. Space 'em out—they'll get bigger with each layer.
6. Wait till the dots are dry, then repeat step 5 a couple more times to create perfect raised dots. What a stud!
Did you try this mani? Share your pic with #GLgirl and it might be featured in the next issue!
Love this post? You’ll heart these too…
+ Get The Look! Style and beauty tips to keep ya lookin’ fab
+ Serious celeb style inspo
+ True or false: You can wear white after Labor Day
WIN IT! Glitz up the hallways with $500 worth of sparkly accessories.
OH SNAP! Get the latest from GL on Instagram.
BY KELSEY HAYWOOD ON 9/6/2013 12:00:00 AM
POSTED IN In the mag, Aug/Sept 2013, beauty, how to, tips, nails, fall, diy mani