What is Memorial Day, anyway?
How to get your ex to like you again
Iraqi girl reunites with the soldier who helped her get to America
The biggest OMG celeb moments of the week
Feel Good Friday: Having a ruff day? Read *this*
How to rock the white-on-white trend
How to protect your strands from the summer sun
What you need to know about cracking your knuckles
Have you ever been bullied? Share your story to help other girls!
GL's Behind-the-Scenes of Strange Magic
More Friends = More Fun
CREATE A PROFILE
GL Tweets !
5 HOURS AGO #QUIZ: Is it "like" or loveeeeeee? http://t.co/6WzGkGzUpQ pic.twitter.com/bLgXbYfpnX
6 HOURS AGO Hey, night owls—want to get a better night's sleep? Try these tricks: http://t.co/WfEA25gW1H pic.twitter.com/nesj6qiYJf
6 HOURS AGO “@SkylarStecker: @girlslifemag ☺️thank you!!!!😘” Of course, boo! 😍
Check these out, too...
’30s: New Hollywood glam
Blake Lively recreated a signature Old Hollywood style by adding her
own touch of volume and more curl, creating a new and improved look complete
with a bright red lip.
1. Create a deep side part and separate the sections.
2. Use a 1-inch barrel curling iron to make luscious curls on the side with more hair.
3. On the other side, curl all the hair in one motion to create a loose spiral.
4. Use as much hairspray or gel as needed to perfectly slick back the side with less hair to create the glam look.
’60s: Beehive beauty
Once upon a time, girls in the pre-hippie ’60s would tease their hair
and pile it all on top of their heads in a shape resembling a beehive. Here’s
how to reenact the classic with a modern twist á la Selena Gomez:
1. To add some texture to your hair, wash your locks at night and sleep in braids.
2. Gather about 4 inches of your hair from your crown and tease.
3. Gently comb over and secure with as many bobby pins as needed. Done!
’70s: How high can you go?
Ponytails have been making a serious comeback. With all fame
surrounding the versatile hair hold, celebs like Demi Lovato have taken it upon
themselves to bring back what was lost—the high ponytail. Pushed a little further
back and sleeker than ever, you can work this easy look, too!
1. Straighten your hair to make it as slick and sleek as possible.
2. Comb through to make sure there are no knots.
3. Flip your head upside down, gather all the hair to a center spot near the very top of the back of your head.
4. Once you have gathered all the hair, tie together with a strong elastic (or two!).
5. Want to go even more retro? Tie a cute scarf or a bright ribbon around the base of the pony.
’80s: Crimp crazed
Remember when you were bitty and would braid tiny sections of your hair
before bed so when you woke up, it would be super crimped? Well as much as we
loved waking up to the frizzies, we have a more grown-up approach to the retro
crimping fad. You know those curling wands you see everywhere but too scared to
try out? Well those 1/2” curling wands create the perfect, tight and controlled
wave to rock a modern crimp like Kylie Jenner.
1. Heat up the curling wand and treat hair with a curling mousse.
2. Part your hair as preferred then separate into small sections.
3. Wrap each section around the wand using the same direction each time to create the illusion of crimping.
4. Finish with hairspray to keep the hold.
Hair brush 101: Pick the perf brush for your strands
6 perfect hairstyles to help ditch bad hair days for good
Pump up your hair game: The coolest updos for short hair
How to rock pastel strands like your fave celebs
Love this post? You’ll heart these too…
+ Get pretty faster with The Look! Sign up for our weekly newsletter for all things fab
+ Cool Halloween costumes you already have in your closet
+ Quick ‘n’ cute hairstyles on our FREE app
WIN IT! Step into fall with a $1200 stash of ah-mazing boots.
INSTA-LOVE! Everything you heart about GL is now on Instagram!
BY LEXI FRIED ON 10/5/2013 12:00:00 AM
POSTED IN Celebs, Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, star style, beauty, hair, how to, tips, fall, party
Win it: Splash into summer with *free* books every day this June!
So. Many. Reads. To. Win.
GL's Beach Blanket Book Club is back—and we've got over 51 books for you to score this month! CLICK HERE to check 'em out.