How to dye the perfect Easter egg—no kit required!
Why your BF doesn't notice your new 'do
Dear Carol: How can I turn my attitude around?
The complete list of Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards winners
Is your romance destined to be star-crossed or is it sizzling? Get your horoscope here...
How to make a pretty (and inspiring) mason jar terrarium
De-code your acne! Find out what your pimples are really trying to tell ya
The healthiest way to make blueberry muffins...right now
Share your thoughts on our April/May 2015 music issue! What did YOU love?
Nfinity Champions League 2: The Biggest Night in Cheerleading
More Friends = More Fun
CREATE A PROFILE
GL Tweets !
8 HOURS AGO .@kaylamarie0822 @rydelR5 OMG love it😍💅
8 HOURS AGO RT @kaylamarie0822: My take on @rydelR5 manicure from the @girlslifemag shoot! In love with the color combo! �#GLRydell#blueandgoldd http:/pic.twitter.com/xTemZnx0cC…
9 HOURS AGO #TrendAlert! Tortoise shell highlights just became EVERYTHING: http://t.co/FdRbZEPqiY
Check these out, too...
the family party: Emma Roberts’ braided bun
style is so simple and easy to do but can definitely transform a cozy simple
outfit into a girly fashionable look.
1. Pull your hair into a low pony to start. Take a small 1” section of hair and braid, securing with clear elastics.
2. Repeat with about 2 more sections depending on how much hair you have.
3. Take the hair you haven’t braided in the ponytail and wrap it around the ponytail and tie it into a bun.
4. Take each braid and wrap it around the bun you just made, using bobby pins to keep the in place.
with hairspray and pop on your favorite sparkly headband.
Dove Styling Aid Strength & Shine, $4, target.com
your block’s annual cookie swap: Ashley Tisdale’s Poufy Pony
super simple do is perfect for any hair length and easy to try out.
1. First, use a volumizing powder on the crown of your hair to pump it up a bit, rubbing it into your scalp.
2. Use a clear elastic band to create a ponytail and pull the hair at the top of the pony up making more volume at the crown.
3. For the headband you will want to put it on then push it back and forth to create more volume around the area. Finish off with a little hairspray and your ready to go!
Not Your Mother’s Girl Powder Volumizing Hair Powder, $6, soap.com
Santa Friends Bash: Miranda Cosgrove’s easy waves
look is perfect for our girls out there with a little natural wave in their
1. Pump out some curling mousse into your hands and using a cupping motion scrunch the bottom of your hair upwards.
2. Flip your head over and scrunch all of your hair then let it air dry and you are good to go with effortless waves!
Herbal Essences Curl Boosting Mousse, $4, walmart.com
Year’s Blowout: Taylor Swift’s braided band
you don’t have super long strands grab yourself a faux-hair braided headband in
your hair color. If you do, this style will definitely become a new favorite.
1. Start by smoothing a shine serum all over to fight frizz and make your hair look super healthy.
2. Grab a long section of hair from behind your ear and braid it all the way down, tie this off with a clear elastic band.
3. Repeat on the other side but know: the more hair your use the thicker your headband will be.
4. Take your braids over your head and bobby pin them in place behind your ear.
5. To finish off the look you can either leave your hair down and loose or pull it into a messy low bun.
Thick Braidies ½” Braided Headband, $9, ulta.com
Crazy cute updos to try for winter formal
Pretty up your pony with embellished accessories
5 short hair celeb cuts worth copying
Hair brush 101: Pick the perf brush for your strands
Love this post? You’ll heart these too…
+ Holiday hair inspired by our girl JLaw
+ Ooh, pretty! 12 Days of Christmas nails
+ Glam gift guide: Beauty buys for your makeup maven
WIN BIG! Tell us what you want to see next year in GL—and score a big prize!
GL GIVEAWAY! Watch your shows in style with a 40“ LCD HDTV.
BY SAMANTHA WILSON ON 12/3/2013 3:00:00 PM
POSTED IN Taylor Swift, Celebs, star style, Emma Roberts, Ashley Tisdale, Miranda Cosgrove, new year's, happy holidays, holiday parties, holiday beauty, holiday party outfits, beauty, hair, tips, party, holiday, winter, cheap, best products
Come see what girls are saying about Echo!
Listen up, bookworm babes. Loved Esperanza Rising by Pam Muñoz Ryan? Check out her newest novel, Echo, in our second-ever book club! We're talking music, magic and more all month. CLICK HERE to check it out.