Stick or treat! Cute and creepy crafts for a haute Halloween
How to turn him down (without crushing his heart)
Fem-men-ism: ‘HeForShe’ invites boys to fight like a girl
Check out these Disney stars' big girls day out (that included dress up and Star Wars)
Your weekly horoscope!
The shoe were loving for fall: loafers!
20 hair ideas we love
5 fierce apps to help you get your fit on
What type of Halloween costume should you try this year?
Ever feel a little jealous? Spill for an upcoming issue of the mag!
Disney Channel "Choose Kindness" Campaign
More Friends = More Fun
CREATE A PROFILE
GL Tweets !
10 HOURS AGO 20 tricks for squashing school stress: http://t.co/kUvA73dtXa
11 HOURS AGO How to deal with untrue and embarrassing rumors: http://t.co/pNgcaDsOup
12 HOURS AGO 5 fall inspired smoothies to try now http://t.co/oJExccTLYu
Check these out, too...
Go sleek and chic
This look is perfect for any hair type or face shape. Pair with a fun dress covered in sequins and your perfect party flats.
1. Start by adding a frizz fighting serum into damp, freshly washed hair.
2. Part your hair down the middle and blow dry with a paddle brush until completely dry.
3. Section off your hair into clips and begin to use a straightener all over, making sure to get every strand.
4. Finish the look with a blast of cold air from the dryer and smooth in a little more of that frizz-fighting shine serum.
Garnier Fructis Style Sleek & Shine Serum, $7, drugstore.com
Snag a side-swept bun
Pair this look with sparkly chandelier earrings and your fave LBD.
1. Part dry hair as far to the side as you would like and give it a little spritz of hairspray on top.
2. Pull hair into a low ponytail, securing with an elastic.
3. Take a 1” curler and messily curl individual pieces.
4. After you’ve got a ponytail of little curls, pin them into a bun carelessly to create an effortlessly gorge look.
Conair 1” Curling Iron, $10, ulta.com
Make voluminous waves
Start with hair that you washed yesterday: The oil from your
tresses will help to hold this look.
1. Spray a little dry shampoo into your roots and rub it in for volume and oil control.
2. Using the largest barrel curling iron you have, wrap your hair around it going away from your face. The trick for this look is to only curl halfway up the section; don’t wrap the iron all the way up the strand towards your scalp.
3. Repeat all over and then give your locks a few moments to cool off. Take a paddle brush and gently comb out your work. Don’t panic—this step creates gorgeous waves that will last all night long with a bit of flex-hold hairspray.
Batiste Dry Shampoo, $8, dermstore.com
4 brilliant ways to wear a braid crown
Growing out your hair? Try this awesome ingredient
7 more reasons we love hair chalk: a week of cute styles!
LOVE THIS POST? YOU’LL HEART THESE, TOO…
+ Get a fresh start in 2014! Join our New Year, New You Facebook chat for clear skin tips
+ Perfect party hair for your NYE bash. Pretty, pretty!
+ Pamper yourself silly over winter break
GL GIVEAWAY! Watch your shows in style with a 40“ LCD HDTV.
MAJOR PLUS Get the latest from GL on Google+ and Instagram.
BY SAMANTHA WILSON ON 12/28/2013 12:00:00 AM
POSTED IN Celebs, star style, Hailee Steinfeld, Jennifer Lawrence, Chloe Moretz, trend, new year's, happy holidays, holiday party outfits, beauty, hair, how to, tips, party, holiday, winter, best products
Score a copy of Cinder for GL's newest book club!
Love the Lunar Chronicles?
Want to start an incredible new series?
We're thrilled to announce our Lunar Chronicles Book Club...starting with Cinder by Marissa Meyer! Want to score a free copy—then lead other GL girls in our book club chat?
* CLICK HERE to enter and win! *