Fun ways to show your American pride on the Fourth
5 ways to get over your ex in a flash
What to do when your BFF starts dating a new guy and ignores you
Exclusive: Teen Beach 2 stars tell all about their thoughts on the movie
July's Back-to-School Style Giveaway: week 1 winners (plus June's grand prize winner)
DIY jewelry storage for the traveling fashionista
Beauty Spy: GL reader Anna I. shares her pretty, natural makeup routine
The only workout you need this summer
Have you ever been bullied? Share your story to help other girls!
GL + Disney take a look at the Teen Beach 2 premiere
More Friends = More Fun
CREATE A PROFILE
GL Tweets !
8 HOURS AGO We know, we know...flossing is the worst. Here's why you should be doing it anyway: http://t.co/9APOpAOTAu pic.twitter.com/wcqaPLRJdl
9 HOURS AGO Have you entered to win your signed copy of #TeenBeach2 yet?!: http://t.co/uyX5bTD9ee pic.twitter.com/pylNOrTWYf
10 HOURS AGO Where will you be watching the fireworks tonight, GL girls? 🎆🎆🎆
Check these out, too...
Go sleek and chic
This look is perfect for any hair type or face shape. Pair with a fun dress covered in sequins and your perfect party flats.
1. Start by adding a frizz fighting serum into damp, freshly washed hair.
2. Part your hair down the middle and blow dry with a paddle brush until completely dry.
3. Section off your hair into clips and begin to use a straightener all over, making sure to get every strand.
4. Finish the look with a blast of cold air from the dryer and smooth in a little more of that frizz-fighting shine serum.
Garnier Fructis Style Sleek & Shine Serum, $7, drugstore.com
Snag a side-swept bun
Pair this look with sparkly chandelier earrings and your fave LBD.
1. Part dry hair as far to the side as you would like and give it a little spritz of hairspray on top.
2. Pull hair into a low ponytail, securing with an elastic.
3. Take a 1” curler and messily curl individual pieces.
4. After you’ve got a ponytail of little curls, pin them into a bun carelessly to create an effortlessly gorge look.
Conair 1” Curling Iron, $10, ulta.com
Make voluminous waves
Start with hair that you washed yesterday: The oil from your
tresses will help to hold this look.
1. Spray a little dry shampoo into your roots and rub it in for volume and oil control.
2. Using the largest barrel curling iron you have, wrap your hair around it going away from your face. The trick for this look is to only curl halfway up the section; don’t wrap the iron all the way up the strand towards your scalp.
3. Repeat all over and then give your locks a few moments to cool off. Take a paddle brush and gently comb out your work. Don’t panic—this step creates gorgeous waves that will last all night long with a bit of flex-hold hairspray.
Batiste Dry Shampoo, $8, dermstore.com
6 perfect hairstyles to help ditch bad hair days for good
Pump up your hair game: The coolest updos for short hair
How to rock pastel strands like your fave celebs
The naturalista's guide to healthy hair products
LOVE THIS POST? YOU’LL HEART THESE, TOO…
+ Get a fresh start in 2014! Join our New Year, New You Facebook chat for clear skin tips
+ Perfect party hair for your NYE bash. Pretty, pretty!
+ Pamper yourself silly over winter break
GL GIVEAWAY! Watch your shows in style with a 40“ LCD HDTV.
MAJOR PLUS Get the latest from GL on Google+ and Instagram.
BY SAMANTHA WILSON ON 12/28/2013 12:00:00 AM
POSTED IN Celebs, star style, Hailee Steinfeld, Jennifer Lawrence, Chloe Moretz, trend, new year's, happy holidays, holiday party outfits, beauty, hair, how to, tips, party, holiday, winter, best products
Win it: Visit all your favorite villains in The Isle of the Lost!
Ever wonder what happened to all of your excellently evil Disney faves? Enter for a chance to check out the new generation of bad guys (and girls) in The Isle of the Lost, a prequel to Disney Channel's Descendants!
CLICK HERE for your chance to win.