9 spring-y things to enjoy way past break
4 ways to keep it cool around your crush
Dear Carol: How can I turn my attitude around?
GL is hitting up the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards
Feel Good Friday: Adorable photo series helps local dogs from a Utah shelter get adopted
How to make a pretty (and inspiring) mason jar terrarium
4 steps to perfectly thick 'n' long lashes
5 strappy sports bras you need in your life
Share your thoughts on our April/May 2015 music issue! What did YOU love?
Nfinity Champions League 2: The Biggest Night in Cheerleading
More Friends = More Fun
CREATE A PROFILE
GL Tweets !
1 HOURS AGO RT @aijamayrock: So excited to be a speaker at the @girlslifemag RockYourLife Event! Be sure to get tickets! It's going to be great!! httpshttps://t.co/EN1m1Q9JFJ
2 HOURS AGO How to become friends with your ex: http://t.co/wk4BzYf5Yb
3 HOURS AGO Hey boys, THIS is how ya put a smile on your girl's face: http://t.co/4YVN2HLELH
Check these out, too...
Go sleek and chic
This look is perfect for any hair type or face shape. Pair with a fun dress covered in sequins and your perfect party flats.
1. Start by adding a frizz fighting serum into damp, freshly washed hair.
2. Part your hair down the middle and blow dry with a paddle brush until completely dry.
3. Section off your hair into clips and begin to use a straightener all over, making sure to get every strand.
4. Finish the look with a blast of cold air from the dryer and smooth in a little more of that frizz-fighting shine serum.
Garnier Fructis Style Sleek & Shine Serum, $7, drugstore.com
Snag a side-swept bun
Pair this look with sparkly chandelier earrings and your fave LBD.
1. Part dry hair as far to the side as you would like and give it a little spritz of hairspray on top.
2. Pull hair into a low ponytail, securing with an elastic.
3. Take a 1” curler and messily curl individual pieces.
4. After you’ve got a ponytail of little curls, pin them into a bun carelessly to create an effortlessly gorge look.
Conair 1” Curling Iron, $10, ulta.com
Make voluminous waves
Start with hair that you washed yesterday: The oil from your
tresses will help to hold this look.
1. Spray a little dry shampoo into your roots and rub it in for volume and oil control.
2. Using the largest barrel curling iron you have, wrap your hair around it going away from your face. The trick for this look is to only curl halfway up the section; don’t wrap the iron all the way up the strand towards your scalp.
3. Repeat all over and then give your locks a few moments to cool off. Take a paddle brush and gently comb out your work. Don’t panic—this step creates gorgeous waves that will last all night long with a bit of flex-hold hairspray.
Batiste Dry Shampoo, $8, dermstore.com
Crazy cute updos to try for winter formal
Pretty up your pony with embellished accessories
5 short hair celeb cuts worth copying
Hair brush 101: Pick the perf brush for your strands
LOVE THIS POST? YOU’LL HEART THESE, TOO…
+ Get a fresh start in 2014! Join our New Year, New You Facebook chat for clear skin tips
+ Perfect party hair for your NYE bash. Pretty, pretty!
+ Pamper yourself silly over winter break
GL GIVEAWAY! Watch your shows in style with a 40“ LCD HDTV.
MAJOR PLUS Get the latest from GL on Google+ and Instagram.
BY SAMANTHA WILSON ON 12/28/2013 12:00:00 AM
POSTED IN Celebs, star style, Hailee Steinfeld, Jennifer Lawrence, Chloe Moretz, trend, new year's, happy holidays, holiday party outfits, beauty, hair, how to, tips, party, holiday, winter, best products
Score a bouquet of books with our Spectacular Spring Reads giveaway
Looking for some amazing new titles to start your spring off right? Check out our guide to the best books of the season and you could win!
CLICK HERE to enter.