reports that one middle schooler was treated for burns after her phone caught
fire…in her pants.
Some teens are having major problems with hot pants. And we’re not
talking about not-cool-for-school booty shorts, either
The incendiary device apparently made a popping sound before it started
to smoke shortly after school began on Friday morning. The fire erupted
quickly, and caused the phone to fall from her pants pocket. It looked noticeably
burnt, onlookers say.
The girl, however, acted quickly with the fire drill-honed
stop-drop-roll technique…and then wriggled quickly out of her pants before
snagging a blanket provided by a teacher. She headed to a local hospital for
treatment and is perfectly fine, thank goodness.
The fire is currently under investigation. The state fire marshal
believes that sitting on the phone may have short-circuited the device and thus
caused the fire. Yikes!
LOVE THIS POST? YOU’LL HEART THESE TOO…
+ Spread the love! Our top 7 fave charities
+ 14 ways to stick it to V-Day
+ Make your bestie’s day with these tips
WIN BIG! Stay pretty in pink all month with our February giveaway.
MAJOR PLUS Get the latest from GL on Google+ and Instagram.
BY BRITTANY TAYLOR ON 2/5/2014 6:13:00 PM
POSTED IN In the News,