has just the DIY you need to jazz ‘em up in just an
afternoon. Take a peek, give it a try, and Instagram your project!
Got a plain pair of jorts that just aren’t doing it for you? Well,
blogger Leonie of
What you’ll need:
Table salt (optional)
What you’ll do:
1. Put your shorts in water to make them wet before you add any dye.
2. Wring the denim so it's not soaking wet.
3. Tie as many rubber bands around your shorts as you like. It doesn't
matter how you do it and how many rubber bands you use. Less rubber = more dye.
4. Put hot water in the bucket and add the dye. On the package it says
you should add 500 ml water per package, but I used more water to make sure
that most of the denim will be covered.
5. Carefully place the wrapped shorts in the bucket. It's important
that you don't forget to put on the rubber gloves (like I did) - unless you
enjoy dyeing your fingers as well.
6. Extra: For better results you can add 250 g (about 1 cup) of table salt. Mix
it into the water.
7. Flip the shorts every now and then for an even result. If necessary
you can put a heavy item on top to push the denim down into the water. I used a
glass jar with stones in it.
8. Leave the shorts in the dye for about 30 minutes and thoroughly wash
all the extensive dye out under the tap. I used the kitchen sink - not to
worry, the dye doesn't stain metals!
9. Once the water is all clear, you can wash the shorts in the wash
10. When ready, put them in the dryer or lay flat to dry. And VOILA... you're
Looking for a round two? Take a peek at this DIY on Leonie’s blog.
LOVE THIS POST? YOU’LL HEART THESE TOO…
+ Score major swag and sign up for the Buzz Babes newsletter
+ Adorbs DIYS to spruce up your place this spring
+ Best. Weekend. Ever! Here’s where to start…
WIN BIG! Step into spring with style with our shoe-tacluar March giveaway.
MAJOR PLUS Get the latest from GL on Google+ and Instagram.
BY BRITTANY TAYLOR ON 4/2/2014 4:18:00 PM
POSTED IN crafts, fashion, summer crafts