Makeup can be majorly tricky, so we’re showing you our secret tips to help you perfect your skills. These simple hacks will help you master your makeup look and teach your friends some cool new tricks. If you’re already a pro or just a beginner, we’re betting you might be surprised by what you didn’t already know…
1. Always match foundation shades to your neck, not your face. And be sure to blend down!
2. Must do: Use a lighter shade of concealer under your eyes to hide bags. So you’ll have two: one for under-eye, one for hiding blemishes elsewhere.
3. Drop the Q-tip: Use makeup wipes to clean up the edges of winged eyeliner.
4. Eek! Don’t let concealer wands touch a zit directly—it’s a surefire way to spread bacteria. Use a swab or a tissue.
5. Wanna make shadow shades pop? Use a white eyeliner all over the lid first before applying eyeshadow.
6. Definite do: Heat your eyelash curler with a blow dryer for voluminous lashes that last.
7. Mix a liquid highlighter into your moisturizer for a little extra glow.
8. Clumpy or dry mascara? Add a couple eye drops into the mascara tube for a quick fix.
9. Press concealer with a thin brush onto a zit, then blend with your fingers for maximum coverage.
10. Apply one coat of lipstick then blot with a tissue before applying your second layer.
LOVE THIS POST? YOU’LL HEART THESE TOO…
+ Hair, makeup, nails: All things pretty with our weekly style newsletter
+ Skip the salon. Get gorge for your formal at home
+ Ready, set, glow! Score a beachy tan the safe way
WIN BIG! Get gorge locks with a $600 Sam Villa hair salon set.
MAJOR PLUS Get the latest from GL on Google+ and Instagram.
BY SAMANTHA WILSON ON 4/20/2014 1:00:00 PM
POSTED IN beauty, how to, tips, make-up, skin, eyes, lips, fast, saver