Sunflowers are popping up as a trendy pattern this season,
and we couldn’t be more thrilled. There isn’t a sunflower anywhere that hasn’t
brightened someone’s day. Rock the floral look on your nails with this super
easy DIY nail tutorial. Your girls will beg you to show them exactly how you nailed
What you’ll need:
• Nail art tools or slim paintbrushes
• White nail polish
• Dark yellow polish
• Light yellow polish
• Brown polish
• Blue-green polish
What you'll do:
1. Start with a fresh, clean base polish. A coat of white polish will work best for this look.
2. Draw 5 petals with the light yellow polish and allow to dry.
3. Draw a layer of petals between the first ones in the darker yellow.
4. Repeat steps 2 & 3 to create as many flowers as you would like on your nails.
5. Paint a dot in the middle of the flowers with the brown polish.
6. Finish off with blue-green polish to create leaves. For a lush touch add a few extra around the nail.
Nordstrom Nail Art Tool Set, $14, nordstrom.com
LOVE THIS POST? YOU’LL HEART THESE TOO…
+ Hair, makeup, nails: All things pretty with our weekly style newsletter
+ Skip the salon. Get gorge for your formal at home
+ Ready, set, glow! Score a beachy tan the safe way
MAJOR PLUS Get the latest from GL on Google+ and Instagram.
BY SAMANTHA WILSON ON 5/1/2014 4:00:00 PM
POSTED IN beauty, how to, tips, cheap, best products, spring, diy mani