EARTH DAY SPECIAL: Recycle Your Old Clothes!
1. Decide whether you want to make them into bermudas or shorties.
2. Make the jeans face inside out. Use a ruler and chalk to measure the inseam. Decide where you want to cut them off (start with 4-5 inches for short ones or 9-10 inches for longer ones).
3. Use a ruler to draw lines straight across.
4. Use a good pair of scissors to carefully cut along the line.
1. Pick up some fabric paint in the color(s) of your choice. You can find it at either JoAnn's or Michael's. Also get a few paintbrushes in diff sizes.
2. On a nice day, go outside and spread some newspaper out on the ground, laying your tee flat on top.
3. Dip your paint brush into your fabric paint.
4. Using your finger, spray paint splatters onto your shirt until you get your desired look.
5. Wait for it to dry completely. Cha-ching! Brand new shirt!
2. Lay some newspaper down on the floor.
3. Lay out your jewels where you'd like them to be.
4. Use your glue to attach them.
5. Let the flips rest for 24 hours.
Cut cute screen prints off of t-shirts. Use them like patches on hoodies or bags.
Have an accessories swap with your BFFs.
Hold a yard sale and donate the money to an earth-lovin’ charity.
Cut the neck off of old t-shirts to make them 80s chic. Check out our exclusive how-to RIGHT HERE.
Chop the sleeves off of t-shirts and turn them into workout tanks.