Official Rules for Project Go Green
Official Rules for the
Girls Gone Green Photo and Essay
Official Rules for the
Girls Gone Green Photo and Essay
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO WIN.
Open to residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, excluding Rhode Island, ages 10-18, who have a valid email address and Internet access at the time they are eligible to enter the Contest.
HOW TO ENTER
1. Entrants must go to www.girlslife.com/projectgogreen and follow the on-screen instructions to email an original photograph and a description of 100-250 words that tell how they are making a positive impact on the environment. Contest submissions will be accepted between 12:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on February 23, 2010 and 11:59 PM ET on April 9, 2010 (“Entry Period”). Only one entry per person is allowed.
2. Entries will not be returned. By entering the Contest, contestants agree to abide by these rules, and represent and warrant that the entries are their own and original creations, and do not violate or infringe the rights, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademark rights or rights of publicity/privacy, of any third party.
3. Entries are void if they are in whole or in part illegible or incomplete. Sponsors assume no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, or misdirected e-mail entries.
4. Penguin Young Readers Group, a division of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. and Girls’ Life Acquisition Corporation (“Sponsors”), and their parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the sender, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest which may limit the ability to play or participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of being conducted as described in these rules, Sponsors shall have the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized holder of the email account.
1. At the close of the Entry Period, a panel of judges selected by Sponsors will choose ten (10) submissions as finalists based upon how well they answer the question, “How are you going green and making a positive impact on the environment?” The submissions of the selected finalists will be available on www.girlslife.com/projectgogreen between 9:00 AM ET April 13, 2010, and 12:00 noon ET April 22, 2010 (“Contest Voting Period”). During the Contest Voting Period, visitors to girlslife.com can vote for their favorite finalist(s). Girlslife.com visitors may vote for more than one finalist, but they will not be able to vote for the same finalist more than once. On April 23, 2010, the submission with the most votes as determined by Sponsors will be named the Grand Prize winner and the rest of the finalists will be named the First Prize winners. In the event that two or more finalists receive an equal number of votes, the tie between those entries will be broken by a panel of judges selected by Sponsors who will evaluate the tied finalists based on the answers to the question. Decisions of the judges shall be final.
2. Entries will be judged on how well the entrants’ photos and essays answer the question: “How are you going green and making a positive impact on the environment?” along with the content and creativity of the entry; equal weight will be given to each criterion. The decisions of the Sponsors with respect to the selection of the winners, and in regard to all matter relating to this Contest, shall be final.
3. Winners will be notified via email and/or telephone.
1. Prizes will be awarded as follows:
• The Grand Prize winner will receive a certificate for a three-day/four-night “green” weekend for four at the Amelia Island Plantation on Amelia Island, Florida (subject to availability and promotional allotment), including the following: nature tours (including a tour on Segway Personal Transporters), golf (including club rental), kayaking, use of bicycles and fitness center, and breakfast buffet. The certificate for the stay will be valid for one year from date of issue. The certificate must be presented at check-in, is valid on accommodations only and includes resort amenity fee. Redemption instructions will accompany the certificate and blackout dates may apply. The Grand Prize winner will also receive $400.00 spending money, a selection of skin and body care products from the Teens Turning Green Collection and a copy of the book, Girls Gone Green, signed by the author, Lynn Hirshfield. Winner and guests are responsible for travel expenses to Amelia Island and any other expenses not expressly included in the prize description, such as meals, beverages, gratuities, hotel charges other than accommodations and any other expenses that may arise (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize = $4,532.00).
• Nine (9) First Prize winners will receive a selection of skin and body care products from the Teens Turning Green Collection, and a copy of Girls Gone Green, signed by the author (ARV = $132.00 per prize).
2. In the event that there is an insufficient number of qualified entries or if the Sponsors determine in their absolute discretion that no or too few entries meet the quality standards established to award the prizes, Sponsors reserve the right not to award the prizes.
1. Open to residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, excluding Rhode Island, ages 10-18, who have a valid email address and Internet access at the time they are eligible to enter the Contest.
2. Employees of Sponsors and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or other parties in any way involved in the development, production or distribution of this Sweepstakes, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
1. No cash substitution, transfer or assignment of prizes allowed. In the event of the unavailability of a prize or prizes, Sponsors may substitute a prize or prizes of equal or greater value.
2. All expenses, including taxes (if any), related to receipt and use of prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
3. Winners may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release. The Affidavit must be returned within fourteen (14) days of notification or winner will forfeit their prize and another winner will be selected. If a selected winner is under 18 years of age, a parent or guardian will be required to sign the Affidavit. All travel companions must fill out and return a travel companion release. Should the ARV equal or exceed $600.00, winners shall be required to provide a Social Security Number or an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number to Sponsor for issuance of a 1099 Form.
4. By accepting a prize the winners grant to Sponsors the right to edit, publish, copy, display and otherwise use their entries in connection with this Contest, and to further use their names, likenesses, hometowns and biographical information in advertising and promotional materials, without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law.
5. By participating in the Contest and/or accepting the prize, contestants release Sponsors, their parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies or the agencies of any of them and the author of the book promoted hereby from any liability, injury, damages, cost or expense, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of or connected to participation in this contest or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prizes.
6. Any dispute arising from this Contest will be determined according to the laws of the State of New York, without reference to its conflict of law principles, and the entrants’ consent to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in New York County and agree that such courts have exclusive jurisdiction over all such disputes.
For a copy of the winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by October 23, 2010 to Girls Life Acquisition Corporation, 4529 Harford Road, Baltimore, MD 21214, Attention: Girls Gone Green Photo & Essay Contest.
Penguin Young Readers Group
A Division of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
345 Hudson Street
New York, New York 10014
Girls’ Life Acquisition Corporation
Attention: Keri Wilson
4529 Harford Road
Baltimore, Maryland 21214