10 Ways to Get Over a Breakup in 2010
1. Let yourself cry. Breaking up is sort of like someone passing away. You need to allow yourself to mourn the end of the relationship and cherish the good times while they lasted. So grab a box of Kleenex and cry your heart out.
2. Throw a pity party. Invite your besties over for a girls-only, all-night pajama party complete with chick flicks, pizza, ice cream and popcorn. After all, that’s what pals are for—to pick you up when you’re feeling down.
3. Change your relationship status. Everyone knows it’s not official until it’s on Facebook. This is an important step in letting go. If you don’t want everyone to know your business, change your privacy settings before you update your profile.
4. Don't stalk him. No, you don't have permission to cyber creep on his every move. And yeah, it’s gonna be hard to resist checking out those new pics of him from the weekend. Unfriend, block him or take his number out of your phone him if temptation is too much.
5. Sweat it out. Exercise is a great way to release stress. And what’s more stressful than a big breakup? You're probably feeling angry, so sign up for a cardio kickboxing class. Engage yourself in a high-impact workout to free your mind and get your body moving in a good way.
6. Treat yourself. Remember that cute pair of flats you’ve had your eye on for weeks? Or those gorgeous earrings at the mall? Now's the time to buy 'em for a little pick-me-up. Just be careful not to break the bank. Limit yourself to one cheapie fave that makes you look gorgeous.
7. Laugh out loud. It’s fun. It burns calories. And it makes you look oh-so-attractive. What’s not to heart? Watch your fave YouTube clip for inspiration (how can you not love the laughing baby?) and let the good times roll.
8. Flirt like crazy. Why not? You’re a sassy single lady ready to mingle. Flirting is fun and it's a total confidence booster. Start by smiling at the cutie at the next table in the caf. When he smiles back and strikes up a convo, you’ll forget about your ex in no time.
9. Enjoy your solo time. The last thing you want to do is rush into another relationship. Take a breather to relax and think about your last one. What went wrong? What was right? And what can you improve next time? Every BF gives ya a chance to love and learn.
8. Love yourself. You don’t need a guy to tell you how ridiculously awesome you are. You know you’re smart, fun and beautiful. The right fella will come along who truly appreciates you for simply being you. Go girl!
POSTED IN dealing with a breakupjump to comments