What's a New Year's Eve bash without the bubbly? Make a quick stop to your local market, or take a peek into Mr. Friggy to try out these yummy, easy to do recipes. Guaranteed to get the party started!
Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade
- 3 cups quartered strawberries, about a quart of berries
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 2 cups chilled sparkling water
- Ice cubes
- Optional: whole strawberries for garnish
Combine strawberries and cold water in the blender. Hold down the blender top with one hand, then blend until smooth. Add the lemonade concentrate and one cup of the sparkling water.
Blend until smooth and pour into a pitcher with the rest of the sparkling water. Pour into tall glasses over ice. Garnish with a straw and place a strawberry on the rim of the glass if you like. (Make the lemonade just before serving or the sparkling water will go flat – without fizzies.)
Note: I made one batch of lemonade using some strawberries that weren't very sweet so I added a tablespoon or so of sugar and blended it again. Lemonade concentrates and berries will vary so you may have to add additional sugar.
Fruit Juice Spritzers
- 1 quart bottled 100% juice: cherry, raspberry, or strawberry blends
- 1-2 liters sparkling or soda water
- Ice cubes
- Possible garnish: orange slices, lime wedges, strawberries
- Tall glasses
- Paring knife, cutting board
Make it: Fill a tall glass half full with juice. Fill the rest with sparkling water, leaving room for cubes. Drop in 3 cubes or so, and garnish with a lime if you like.
LOVE THIS POST? YOU’LL HEART THESE, TOO…
+ Score major swag in 2014 and sign up for the Buzz Babes newsletter
+ Become a crafting queen with our DIY delivery!
+ 5 steps to start a killer blog this year
GL GIVEAWAY! Watch your shows in style with a 40“ LCD HDTV.
MAJOR PLUS Get the latest from GL on Google+ and Instagram.