What You’ll Need:
• 2 Large red peppers
• 2 Medium zucchini
• 1/2 Head of cauliflower
• 1 Large onion
• 2 Large garlic cloves, peeled
• 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 Teaspoons Balsamic vinegar
• 1 Teaspoon dried basil
• About a 1/2 teaspoon salt
• Freshly ground pepper
What You’ll Do:
1. Preheat the oven to 400. Find a large baking pan or baking sheet and line it with aluminum foil. Using a chef’s knife, cut the red peppers into quarters and cut out the seeds, then cut into 1-inch slices. Cut the peppers into 1-inch squares. Slice the zucchinis length-wise and cut off the ends. Cut them into 1/2-inch semi-circles.
2. Cut the cauliflower flowers away from the stem and slice into 2- inch pieces. Cut the onion into quarters, peel off the skin, and slice into 1-inch chunks. Slice the garlic length-wise into thin slices. Put all the vegetables into the pan and toss.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, vinegar, and basil. Drizzle over the vegetables and toss again. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the vegetables. Bake for 30 minutes and remove from oven. Stir the vegetables and return to oven for another 15 minutes or so until they’re tender but not mushy. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Other Ideas: If cauliflower isn’t your favorite, substitute a small eggplant cut into half-inch cubes. During summer months, top your veggies with fresh chopped, herbs such as basil. (Snip the leaves into pieces with a scissors.)
• Large baking pan or sheet, aluminum foil
• Cutting board
• Chef’s knife
• Measuring spoons
• Small bowl