Hey, bakin' babes! Check out our new fave recipe book: The Ultimate Shortcut Cookie Book: 745 Scrumptious Recipes That
Start with Refrigerated Cookie Dough, Cake Mix, Brownie Mix or
Ready-to-Eat Cereal by Camila V. Saulsbury, published by Cumberland House.
Sweets can get a little redundant. How many times can you indulge
yourself in a good ol' chocolate chip cookie or another chocolatey
brownie? Thank goodness Camilla V. Saulsbury is here to chase away our
tasty treat blues.
Her new book has TONS of yummy recipes to change up the way you
eat sweets! These divine goodies are quick and easy with no-bake
recipes that are perfect for those of us girlies who may not be totally
top-cheffin' just yet.
This week we're lovin' Trail Mix Cookies. It's a sweet spin on everyone's fave outdoor snack. Take 'em with ya on a hike to check out the fab fall foliage!
Trail Mix Cookies
What You'll Need:
· 1 (19.5- to 19.8-ounce) package brownie mix
· 1/2 cup vegetable oil
· 2 large eggs
· 2/3 cup quick-cooking oats
· 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chip
· 1/2 cup mixed dried fruit bits
· 1/2 cup roasted, lightly salted sunflower seeds
What You'll Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Position racks in lower and upper thirds of oven.
3. Spray cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Mix the brownie mix, oil, eggs, oats, chocolate chips, fruit bits, and sunflower seeds in a large mixing bowl with a wooden spoon until all dry ingredients are moistened.
5. Drop by teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto prepared cookie sheets.
6. Bake for 10–12 minutes until cracked in appearance and just barely set at center when lightly touched.
7. Cool for 1 minute on cookie sheets.
8. Transfer to wire racks with metal spatula and cool completely.
Makes about 54 cookies.
Shortcut Cookie Book: 745
Scrumptious Recipes That Start with Refrigerated Cookie Dough, Cake
Mix, Brownie Mix or Ready-to-Eat Cereal by Camilla V. Saulsbury. Copyright © 2009. Reproduced by permission of the publisher, Cumberland House, Naperville, IL.
POSTED ON 9/11/2009 7:00:00 AM
POSTED IN sweet treats, cookie