Want something warm for breakfast this winter? If you’re tired of eating oatmeal and want something fun to cook (especially on weekends when you have more time), then why not try having morning pastina...the pasta that’s for breakfast!;
What You'll Need:
1 ½ cups water
½ cup pastina (or “ancini de pepe”)
½ cup lowfat milk
1 tablespoon butter
Topping: 1 tablespoon sugar, ½ teaspoon cinnamon
What You'll Do:
1. Bring the water to a boil in pan.
2. Add the pastina and lower the heat to medium high.
3. Cook for about 8 minutes until the pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
4. Mix the topping together in a separate bowl.
6. Add milk and butter to the pastina; lower the heat to medium.
7. Simmer for 2 minutes until the mixture is creamy.
10. Pour into a bowl and sprinkle on the topping.
POSTED ON 1/22/2010 8:00:00 AM
POSTED IN pasta, breakfast