Wanna jazz up your basic tees with a bit of sparkle? Add a glam, sequined pocket to your plain white T to sass up your wardrobe. Here's the how-to:
What You'll Need:
Pack of sequins, Plain tee, Sewing needle, Sewing thread, Scrap cloth, Scissors, Thimble (optional)
What You'll Do:
1. Cut the scrap cloth into the shape of your pocket. It could be traditional, a star, a heart, or whatever you want! Make sure you cut the shape at least a half an inch larger on all sides for sewing.
2. Sew the pocket on, making sure not to sew the top side.
3. Grab your sequins and layout the design. It can be stripes, patterns or you can alternate between colors.
4. Once you've decided on a pattern, start sewing the sequins on one by one. Don't forget to pull the needle and thread through the hole in the center of the sequin. You may want to use a thimble so you don't poke yourself.
5. Continue sewing until you're all done.
Other ideas? Try sewing sequins on your sleeves or collars.
BY KELLY MYSLINSKI ON 8/25/2010 12:15:00 PM
POSTED IN sewing, diy, fashion