In our December/January 2011 issue, we showed you how to
have an awesome handmade holiday.
And what well-crafted celebration could be
complete without cookies? Ditch the sugar cookies for a spicier treat this
year: delish gingerbread.
To complete our super-cute Bake-A-Boyfriend Kit featured in
the magazine, download the recipe card using the links below.
Since we’re totally all about the season of giving, we’ve got three designs to
choose from so you can pick the perfect pattern:
- Rockin’ red stars ‘n’ snowflakes
- Pretty pink ornaments
- Frosted fun snowman
Just want the recipe? Read on, girlie!
3 1/2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of baking soda
2 teaspoons of ginger
1 teaspoon of ground cloves
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of allspice
1 cup of brown sugar, packed
½ cup softened butter
1 tablespoon of vinegar
1 beaten egg
1. Pour flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, cloves,
cinnamon, allspice and brown sugar into a large bowl and mix well.
2. Add butter, molasses, vinegar and beaten egg, and mix
well using your hands.
3. Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
4. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
5. Dust your work surface lightly with flour and roll the
dough to ¼-inch thickness.
6. Using a cookie cutter in whatever shape you like—we
recommend a boy cookie cutter—cut out your cookies and place them onto a
lightly greased baking sheet. Leave about 2 inches of space between each
7. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
8. Let ‘em cool completely and then go crazy with the