It’s the night of your spring semi and things couldn’t get worse: You woke up with a breakout, dress suddenly seems all wrong and did we mention your your date just flaked? It’s a certified dance disaster—something 16-year-old Haven Terra, the star of Aimee Agresti’s novel Illuminate
, knows all about.
A brainy social outcast, Haven gets her life flipped upside down when she scores an internship at a posh Chicago hotel. Suddenly, Haven finds herself sucked into a world filled with dark secrets and glamorous people (like the gorgeous and mysterious Lucian Grove).
But just as Haven begins to fall for Lucian, she discovers that he and the hotel are in the very evil business of buying souls. Their next victims? Haven’s classmates. It’s up to her to save their lives—and the fnal battle goes down on prom night at the hotel.
to discover more secrets in Illuminate
by Aimee Agresti.
Want to avoid a disastrous dance fate of your own?
Check out our top six secrets for having a stress-free, worry-free, disaster-free night!
1. Say “sayonara” to stress by planning a full on chill out the night before the dance. Fill up the bubble bath, light some candles and hit the sheets early to feel totally refreshed.
2. Your complicated updo keeps coming undone? Overly fussy hair is so over, anyway. Just pull it up in a pony and secure with a jeweled clip. So easy and so gorge.
3. Avoid makeup meltdowns on the dance floor by prepping skin with a foundation primer and using waterproof eyeliner and mascara. Bring on the LMFAO!
4. Dateless? No prob—just go with your girls! Get a head start on the fun by listening to music while you get ready together.
- 5. You bump into your arch nemesis…and you’re wearing the exact same dress. Shock everyone by complimenting her awesome sense of style.
- 6. Still find yourself in a mortifying moment? Take a deep breath and smile your way out of it. If you don’t care, nobody else will!
Have you ever found yourself in a dance disaster like Haven Terra? Spill
your horror stories right here in the comments!
BY GL ON 3/6/2012 12:00:00 AM