Want to take your valentine wherever you go? Wear your heart on your shoulder with this adorable canvas bag craft from See Jane Work. Paint it up with hearts for V-Day and other shapes, designs and words for every other day of the year. Bonus? Awesome b-day present. Awesome.
What you'll need:
A canvas bag
What you'll do:
1. Trace a heart shape on a piece of paper that's folded in half. Cut it out.
2. On a flat surface covered in newspaper, lay down your bag and place your heart stencil. Holding it still with one hand, trace the outline of the heart using our pencil. Make your line as light as possible so you won't be able to see it through the paint.
3. Place another piece of newspaper inside the bag beneath the where you'll be painting the heart. Don't want it to bleed through!
4. Carefully paint your heart onto the canvas. Use the side of the brush to get a smooth outer edge on your heart.
5. Allow your bag to dry in a well-ventilated area.
BY GL ON 2/13/2013 6:09:00 PM
POSTED IN valentine's day, V-Day crafts, crafts, diy gifts