Summer is the perfect time to give your room a total revamp. And Duck Tape is our favorite super cinchy way to create loads of cute room accessories. Stock up on pretty colors and designs, then repurpose what you already own or grab some flea market finds and get creative.
Ready to Duck out your room? Read on for five of our favorite DIYs…
On-trend accents, like this cute and colorful pillow, are a great way to make your room one-of-a-kind.
- Measure the width of your pillow.
Cut strips of Duck Tape that measure 4 inches longer than the width of your pillow.
Starting at the top of your pillow, apply each strip at a time, leaving 2 in. hanging over each side. Continue until the entire front of your pillow is covered.
Flip your pillow over and repeat steps 2-3 while sticking the excess tape on the sides together so the front and back sides connect. Continue until the entire back of your pillow is covered.
Using scissors, snip the excess tape on each side to create fringe.
Get creative by designing an animal decal in your favorite colors and patterns. Stick it on then enjoy your pretty new pillow.
These forever flowers brighten up any space and add a fresh touch of charm.
- Using your favorite Duck Tape, cut strips 1½ inches longer than the surface length of your vase.
- Place tape on bottom of vase, then run up to the top, pressing down for a tight fit. Press the extra inch down inside the vase.
- Using another color, cut one long piece of Duck Tape and fold it in half lengthwise, so the sticky sides are against each other and the outside is smooth.
- Using scissors, cut a v shape out of both ends.
- Wrap the ribbon around your vase then tie into a bow.
- To make the gorgeous faux flowers, CLICK HERE for a how-to.
Jazzy Jewelry Box
Stash studs, dainty necklaces and your favorite rings in a bright box updated with your favorite pattern. Our pick? The new Flower Wallpaper design.
- Paint your box in a pretty color that matches your pattern (like the pink you see here).
- Cover the top and sides of the box with your patterned Duck Tape. Trim any edges for a perfect fit.
- Using another bright accent color, cut thin strips of Duck Tape for your borders. Trim each of the main sections with your border then trim any edges with scissors.
Your rows of clothes can hang out in style with custom, color-blocked hangers. GL’s fashion editor suggests coding your closet for max organization—one color for cardis, another for tees and so on. Cute!
- Plan your pattern. For thick stripes, use the full width of a Duck Tape strip. For thinner stripes, rip a piece down length-ways down the center.
- Starting in a corner of the hanger, wrap a 2-inch piece around itself then press down to secure. The extra wrapping creates a bit of padding for your clothes.
- Repeat step 2, working around the entire hanger and hook. Hang up your favorite outfits and enjoy your chic new closet!
Time’s always on your side when it looks this cute. No need to be fashionably late—this presh wall decoration will keep you punctual.
- Grab a cheeky roll of Duck Tape pattern (we love “Dill with it!”) and a simple wall clock with a large face.
- Use a screwdriver to remove the back of the clock and the time hands.
- Cover the entire clock face with even strips of your tape then trim the overhanging edges with scissors.
- Use a pen to press a hole through the time hand slot.
- Reinsert the time hands then reassemble the clock.
Wanna be a Duck Tape diva?
- CLICK HERE to check out Duck Tape’s Pinterest boards for super creative ways to get crafty and colorful.
- CLICK HERE to check out ducktastic how-to videos from the Duck Brand YouTube page.
BY GL ON 5/16/2013 1:59:00 PM