Add a fun, fashionable pop to your desk drawers by lining the bottoms with your favorite style inspiration. Follow our easy-as-pie steps for desk drawers so cute, you’ll be looking for excuses to open them!
What you’ll need:
A stack of your fave fashion mags (like GL, of course!)
A pair of scissors
One sponge paintbrush
One small bottle of Mod Podge
What you’ll do:
1. Measure the bottom of your desk drawers to help you plan how many pictures to cut out and how you want them to look.
2. Cut out your fave looks and pics from your magazines and lay them out on your drawer bottoms to see how they fit. Overlaps them or position them in whatever way you way- this is your space!
3. Coat the bottom of your desk drawer with a thin layer of Mod Podge. Then, coat the backs of your cutouts with Mod Podge, and press them down in place on the drawer bottom.
4. Check out the drawer bottom for any spots where the pics aren’t laying flat. Using the paintbrush, stick extra Mod Podge underneath those places and smooth them out.
5. Spread a thin layer of Mod Podge over the entire bottom of the desk drawer to make sure your project stays put.
6. Leave your desk drawer open and let your project dry for a few hours before you put anything back into your drawers. After that, make sure you keep your stuff organized so you can enjoy your awesome, new art!
Tip: If you (or your ‘rents) don’t want to Mod Podge your desk drawers directly, measure the inside and cut a piece of poster board exactly the size of your drawer bottoms. You can decorate that and slide it in for a commitment-free, stylish DIY!
BY KATE GERAGHTY ON 6/26/2013 10:30:00 AM
POSTED IN crafts, room decor, DIY room decor