Need a fun and fierce way to stay cool this summer? Try one of our celeb inspired faux-hawks. What better way is there to stay trendy (and chill) than by channeling your inner punk rocker?
Kendall’s bubbly bun fauxhawk
Kendall Jenner keeps her long locks lookin’ cool by piling all her hair
into an intricately twisted fauxhawk updo. Get this edgy look yourself by doing
1. Take a 2-inch section from each side of your hairline and bring together into a twist at the back of your head.
2. Twist hair into a small messy bun.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 until you have 3 or 4 mini buns in a line down the back of your head.
Pink’s full volume ’do
Pink’s voluminous style is in full effect with her on point ‘hawk. To
achieve the total effect of this look:
1. Tease, tease, and tease! Backcomb the hair on top of your head all the way from front to back, using plenty of hairspray as you go.
2. Slick back the hair on the sides of your head.
3. Pull your hair into a ponytail or a bun: your choice!
We heart: Garnier Fructis Style- Full Control Aerosol Hairspray - Ultra, $4, target.com
Miley’s pixie ’hawk
We all know Miley took a major fashion risk this year by chopping off
her adorbs topknot, but the pixie cut chic works so well. For girls with
shorter locks, you can go for a more realistic and punk fauxhawk. All you need
for this look is your already awesomely short hair and some hard hold gel or
hair wax. Run the gel through your hair spiking the tips up as you go, working
your way from the back of your head to the front.
Sexy Hair Control Maniac Styling Wax, $16, target.com
Love this post? You'll heart these too...
BY LEXI FRIED ON 6/29/2013 12:00:00 AM
POSTED IN Celebs, Miley Cyrus, star style, beauty, hair, how to, tips, summer, party