Summer weekends are the perfect time to try our favorite hair trend: chalking. Yep, we've written tons about this temporary way to add a pop of color to your locks, but now we've teamed up with Splat to create your ultimate DIY guide to rocking this sorta-sweet/sorta-edgy look.
Ready to discover the power of color? Press play!
Chalk it up! Dos and don'ts…
- DO use Splat on dry hair
- DO prep and seal each section with hair spray
- DO seal in color with a flat iron
- DO work in a downward motion so you don’t damage hair
- DO brush out excess powder so it doesn’t get on your clothes
- DON’T be afraid to get creative!
So what do you think? Are you going to try hair chalk this weekend? What are your favorite hair chalking tips? Tell us in the comments!
BY GL ON 7/19/2013 9:57:00 PM