For a new munchie that's easy to make and super healthy, even when you're devouring it by the handful, give these roasted chickpeas a try. Spiced to perfection and roasted to a crispy crunch, they are the bite you've been waiting for. Make 'em for every day eating, package 'em for an edible gift or whip 'em up for a party. Yum!
1 16 oz can of chickpeas (will yield 2 cups--you can make as much as you want at one time, though)
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
2. Drain and rinse your chickpeas, then thoroughly dry them off using a paper towel.
3. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place your chickpeas on it, then pour a tiny bit of olive oil over the chickpeas. Shake the pan to coat the chickpeas with oil.
4. Sprinkle salt, pepper, smoked paprika and garlic powder on the chickpeas and shake the pan again to coat them. Make sure they are in one even layer.
5. Place pan in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the pan, stir the chickpeas around with a spatula, then return to oven and bake for another 15 minutes.
6. Cool slightly then serve. You can store in an airtight container as well, but they will begin to lose their crispness after a day or so.
Love this post? You’ll heart these too…
+ Workouts to dazzle in your strapless dress
+ Make mornings waaay more managble
+ All your boob Qs… answered!
WIN IT! Glitz up the hallways with $500 worth of sparkly accessories.
INSTA-LOVE! Everything you heart about GL is now on Instagram!
BY GL ON 9/21/2013 9:22:00 AM
POSTED IN vegetable, snack, healthy recipes, vegan recipes, vegetarian recipes, easy party food, lunch box recipes, after school snacks