From pumpkin to cranberries and beyond, we can't wait to dig in to fall's favorite foods. Our friends at Alter Eco
shared this tasty squash recipe with us, and now we're passing it on to you. It's easy to make, smells great in the oven and will wow anyone you serve it to. Enjoy!
1 large acorn squash
1 tbsp olive oil
Sea salt & pepper to taste
1 cup Alter Eco Royal Red Quinoa
Veggie stock for quinoa
2 shallots, chopped fine
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 cups chopped red and yellow peppers
1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
3/4 cup toasted pecans
Sage, to taste
Cayenne, to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut the acorn squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Brush the inside with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in a lightly oiled baking dish and put in the oven.
3. To prepare the stuffing, start by cooking the quinoa according to package instructions. In a large pan over medium heat, saute the shallots, garlic and peppers in olive oil. Cook until the onions are translucent and all the ingredients are starting to brown up a bit.
4. Add the cooked quinoa to the shallot mixture in the pan and mix thoroughly. Remove from heat and place in a large bowl. Stir in the cranberries, basil and pecans. Add a sprinkling of sage and cayenne, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add a squirt of lemon juice.
5. After roasting for 45 minutes, remove the squash from the oven and spoon in the stuffing. Return to oven and cook for another 15 minutes.
6. When the squash is very soft when pierced with a fork and starts to turn a little golden brown around the edges, remove from the oven. Sprinkle goat cheese on top and serve.
Before ya cook, watch Alter Eco's how-to vid, below...
Love this post? You’ll heart these too…
+ Workouts to dazzle in your strapless dress
+ Make mornings waaay more managble
+ All your boob Qs… answered!
WIN IT! Glitz up the hallways with $500 worth of sparkly accessories.
INSTA-LOVE! Everything you heart about GL is now on Instagram!
BY GL ON 9/28/2013 11:21:00 AM
POSTED IN vegetable, dinner, healthy recipes, fall recipes, vegetarian recipes