Sorry, Swiss Miss, but there's a new queen of cocoa keepin' us warm this winter. Instead of picking up a standard packet of mix, try something richer. Then, add a dose of of your new signature. Make a batch for all your friends, family or a party, and prepare to have 'em begging for the recipe. Best yet? It is sooo simple!
Milk (at least 2%)
Unsweetened, dutch-processed cocoa
Sugar (either granulated or confectioners, but confectioners will be easier to dissolve)
1. Warm milk in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Do not boil.
2. Stir in a heaping spoonful of cocoa, then stir in sugar to taste.
3. Time for add-ins! Here are five of our favorites:
- Homemade marshmallows taste so much better than store-bought ones. Give it a try using this recipe.
- Add in vanilla-flavored homemade whipped cream. A dollop'll do!
- Serve with a cinnamon stick.
- Add a pinch of cayenne pepper and cinnamon before pouring into mugs for a Mexican-style treat.
- Choose sprinkles that suit the occasion--snowflakes, Christmas trees--and sprinkle them over top. Cute!
Love this post? You’ll heart these too…
+ Want serious swag and insider secrets? Be a Buzz Babe and sign up for our FREE weekly newsletter
+ Um, awkward! Check out these mortifying moments
+ The way easy (and delish) recipe anyone can master
WIN BIG! Be a budding photog with a $500 camera.
INSTA-LOVE! Everything you heart about GL is now on Instagram!
BY BRITTANY TAYLOR ON 11/16/2013 3:23:00 PM
POSTED IN sweet treats, drink, winter holiday recipes, chocolate