If you add one new trick to your beauty arsenal in 2014, make it an expertly applied cat-eye. A little edgy but super classic, bold lines pair with everything from snuggly sweaters to a fancy frock. But don’t just wing it—follow our tips for your loveliest ever liner.
Gel: Maybelline New York Studio Gel Eyeliner in Blackest
Black, $10, drugstores
Pencil: NYX Cosmetics Slide On Pencil in Jet Black, $8, target
Liquid: CoverGirl LineBlast 24 HR Eyeliner, $7, drugstores
Award-winning vlogger Missy Lynn makes it easy to master beauty basics and pro skills—just follow her vids at youtube.com/missylynn and watch her in action here:
1. Pick a liner you love from the tool kit. Hint: A gel formula and angled brush are best for cat-eye newbies.
2. Start in the middle of the lash line and work your way out, applying the liner with steady, even strokes.
3. Sketch an upward diagonal line from the outer corner. The longer the line, the more dramatic the look. Start small.
4. Create a thin, open triangle by connecting the end of the winged line to the center of your lash line.
5. Fill in the triangle and then carefully retrace the edges to make the lines look even and smooth.
6. Finish by returning to the middle of your lash line. Take the brush and drag it toward your inner corner to finish.
Love this post? You’ll heart these too…
+ Get pretty faster with The Look! Sign up for our weekly newsletter for all things fab
+ Hot hairstyles for all your holiday parties
+ Make your eyes pop with these makeup tricks
WIN BIG! Be a budding photog with a customizable Pentax Q7 camera.
INSTA-LOVE! Everything you heart about GL is now on Instagram!
BY KELSEY HAYWOOD ON 11/20/2013 12:00:00 AM
POSTED IN bloggers we heart, beauty, how to, make-up, eyes, party, holiday, winter, In the mag, Dec/Jan 2014