Tired of waking up to perpetual bedhead? Us, too. Which is why it’s time to make your beauty sleep actually work for you—by going to bed with a wet head and waking up to pretty, polished locks. Promise, it’s possible!
If you want: Easy waves
To get super glam beachy waves like Bella Thorne, follow our steps
1. Wash hair at night, before bed. Towel dry so hair is damp, not sopping.
2. Spritz all over with surf spray. We heart:
Organix Moroccan Surf Spray, $8, walgreens.com
3. Part hair into 4-5 small sections, then braid each section and tie off with small elastics.
4. Sleep! When you wake up, spray each braid with hairspray to set the wave, then unravel. Shake waves loose with fingers and top with another flash of hairspray. Gorgeous!
If you want: Soft texture
To get super soft locks with a hint of wave like Victoria Justice,
do these cinchy steps:
1. Day-old hair is best for this look, so if you took a shower in the am, that’s perfect. Don’t take another one now!
2. Apply a bit of dry shampoo powder to roots and work through. This will combat any a.m. greasies.
SkinnySkinny Organic Lavender and Rosemary Shampoo, $32, amazon.com
3. Pile hair into a high pony, then twist into a loose bun at the top of your head. Secure with a stretchy elastic.
4. Sleep! When you wake up, remove the elastic and let your hair fall around your shoulders. Lightly muss, then go!
If you want: Sweet spirals
To score springy spirals without a curling iron like Peyton List,
1. Wash hair before bed and towel dry.
2. Lightly work in a moisturizing curl-inducer, like Moroccan Oil.
3. Separate out a 1-inch section and wrap up into a spiral using a foam roller, and fold the roller’s ends to keep the curl in place.
Conair Spiral Curlers, $8, walmart.com
4. Repeat on rest of hair, and sleep. In the morning, spray rollers with a coat of hairspray before removing, then loosely shake out curls.
Love this post? You’ll heart these too…
+ Get pretty faster with The Look! Sign up for our weekly newsletter for all things fab
+ Hot hairstyles for all your holiday parties
+ Make your eyes pop with these makeup tricks
WIN BIG! Be a budding photog with a customizable Pentax Q7 camera.
INSTA-LOVE! Everything you heart about GL is now on Instagram!
BY JESSICA D’ARGENIO WALLER ON 11/21/2013 12:00:00 AM
POSTED IN Victoria Justice, Bella Thorne, Peyton List, beauty, hair, curly Qs, how to, tips, fast, best products, sleep, Celebs, star style