In The News

Got a fire in your pants? The problem might be your iPhone


Some teens are having major problems with hot pants. And we’re not talking about not-cool-for-school booty shorts, either. Mediabistro.com reports that one middle schooler was treated for burns after her phone caught fire…in her pants.

 

The incendiary device apparently made a popping sound before it started to smoke shortly after school began on Friday morning. The fire erupted quickly, and caused the phone to fall from her pants pocket. It looked noticeably burnt, onlookers say.

 

The girl, however, acted quickly with the fire drill-honed stop-drop-roll technique…and then wriggled quickly out of her pants before snagging a blanket provided by a teacher. She headed to a local hospital for treatment and is perfectly fine, thank goodness.

 

The fire is currently under investigation. The state fire marshal believes that sitting on the phone may have short-circuited the device and thus caused the fire. Yikes!

 

LOVE THIS POST? YOU’LL HEART THESE TOO…

+ Spread the love! Our top 7 fave charities

+ 14 ways to stick it to V-Day

+ Make your bestie’s day with these tips 

 

WIN BIG! Stay pretty in pink all month with our February giveaway.

MAJOR PLUS Get the latest from GL on Google+ and Instagram.

BY BRITTANY TAYLOR ON 2/5/2014 6:13:00 PM

POSTED IN ,