Sure, you could do an insane juice diet. You could hit the sauna at the
local gym. You could meditate. Or, you could take a bath. Yeah, be right back—gotta
go grab a fluffy towel and dig up that rubber ducky.
A detox bath helps your body draw out toxins naturally. All you need—aside
from the tub and some hot water—is a box of Epsom salt. The Epsom salt is a
compound known as magnesium sulfate, which, in addition to pulling bad
chemicals outta your body, also helps you distress, improves sleep, regulates
enzyme activity, reduces inflammation and assists muscles and nerves in proper functioning,
To take a detox bath, all you
need to do is…
1. Fill your tub with hot water—you want to sweat while you soak to aid
2. Add 2 cups of Epsom salt, allow it to dissolve
3. Hop in! Soak for at least 20 minutes
4. Rinse off with cool water. Move slowly—you might be a little light headed after soaking for so long. Don’t use harsh soaps or shampoos just yet, either, since your pores are all open and clean
5. Rinse out the tub thoroughly to get rid of salty residue
6. Drink water to rehydrate your body
LOVE THIS POST? YOU’LL HEART THESE TOO…
+ Stay trim and get yummy recipes with Get Fit Fast, our weekly health newsletter
+ 100 period facts every girl should know
+ Get the full night’s sleep that you deserve
WIN BIG! Stay pretty in pink all month with our February giveaway.
MAJOR PLUS Get the latest from GL on Google+ and Instagram.
BY BRITTANY TAYLOR ON 2/28/2014 12:00:00 AM
POSTED IN skin problems, bust breakouts, pamper perfection, weekend fun, relax