If you’re observing Lent this year, you’re probably giving up something. Way back when, folks gave up all animal products. Nowadays, some give up meat, but it’s pretty common to give up things like soda and candy for the 40 days of Ash Wednesday through Easter. This year, why not use the traditional period of abstinence in the Christian calendar to better yourself? We have a handful of ideas to get you started.
1. Stop saying and thinking negative things about your body.
2. Give up grease—we’re thinking potato chips, fried foods and, sigh, pizza.
3. Avoid artificial sweeteners. See ya, aspartame.
4. Abstain from avoiding workouts. No excuses.
5. Stop being a picky eater. You get one “I won’t eat that” dispensation a week.
6. Give your skin a break and stop using makeup.
7. Ditch dry skin and lather up with lotion after every shower and hand-wash.
8. Forget dieting. No more restricting what you eat based on silly rules. Eat healthy!
9. Don’t set foot on a scale. It’s time to stop worrying about your weight.
10. Stop staying up past your bed time. Get your snooze on, sweetie!
Are you observing Lent? If so, what are you giving up this year?
BY GL ON 2/18/2015 12:00:00 AM
POSTED IN holiday, easter, spring