Plaid picnic nails
We’re mad for plaid this fall, and what better way to show off our check pride than on our nails? Rana and Jesaka are gifting us this fab nail tutorial to get your own tartan tips.
1. To start, gather four different polishes that complement each other, including a neutral base color and three brighter hues for the stripes. (We chose mocha, blue, orange and pink.) You'll also need a narrow detail brush.
2. Paint each nail with the base color. (Our mocha hue feels very fall!)
3. With the small brush, paint two vertical lines on each nail using one of the lightest shades first (in our case, pink). Space them out evenly. Be sure to clean your small brush with polish remover after each color.
4. Using the next darkest color (orange, then blue), add one or two more vertical and horizontal lines, overlapping the previous lines but not covering them up, to create a plaid pattern.
5. Continue to add lines with the remaining color. Note: each nail doesn’t have to be exactly the same.
6. Finish with top coat and flaunt your hard work!