How To: Get easy volume with hot rollers
1. Set out your clips and plug in your rollers. Comb in a bit of mousse and finger brush your hair so you can divide it into sections easily.
2. After about 5-10 minutes, check that your rollers are hot—there should be an indicator light. When they’re ready, take a 2-inch section of hair at the crown of your head and brush through it with a comb one more time.
3. While holding your hair with one hand, grab a roller by the plastic end (not the middle--careful, it’s really hot!) with the other hand and begin to wrap the bottom of the section of hair around it.
4. Pull the section straight out from your head and roll the length of your hair slowly and tightly around the roller until it’s about a half-inch from your scalp. Secure the roller in place with one of the clips while it cools.
5. Repeat these steps by continuing to roll sections of your hair at the top of your head and then move to the lower sections until all rollers are used.
6. Wait 10-20 minutes or until rollers are cool to the touch. Start removing the rollers slowly by opening the clip and carefully un-rolling the pieces of hair without pulling on them—you’ll get great spirals if you just let them fall out! Start at the bottom of your head and move up until all rollers are removed and back in the case.
7. Use your fingers to scrunch and separate without ruining the curls. Fix any kinks with a curling iron, and coat with a light spritz of hairspray.
*For ringlets instead of curls, roll the rollers vertically instead of horizontally.