Packing 101: What to bring on a camping trip
* A few pairs of shorts and tank tops that you wouldn’t mind getting dirty (read: sitting on a log).
* A wide-brimmed hat—to protect your pretty face and locks from the elements. We heart this straw topper:
Wide Brim Hat, $32, guess.com
* Waterproof shoes and a pair of sneakers
* As many pairs of underwear and socks as you think you’ll need—and then add three more pairs.
Don’t forget the SPF: Bring a few bottles of waterproof SPF 30 sunscreen and lip balm that block both UVA and UVB rays. Nothing kills a camping trip faster than a sunburn that keeps ya tent-bound.
Kiehl’s Lip Balm SPF 15, $10, kiehls.com
All-important extra: Toss in a bottle of bug spray to keep the creepy-crawlies away. Mosquito bites? Noo, thank you.
Boredom busters: Sure your fam has tons of incredible activities planned (s’mores?), but camping may also mean a long car ride and tons of downtime. Here are a few boredom busters:
* A few books and magazines you’ve been meaning to catch up on
* A football or softball to toss around
* Small crafts to keep you busy—who doesn’t like receiving a BFF bracelet? Head HERE for a quick how-to.
Love this post? You’ll heart these, too!
Want more ways to get GL? Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Tumblr!