10 *relatable* things everyone has texted their BFF
If you're anything like us, you can't imagine life without your BFF. Whether you met in math class or music camp, she's your rock *and* the funniest, smartest and most beautiful person you know.
We're betting you and your bestie have a lot in common with Cecily, Prianka and Gabrielle, the tight trio from the TBH series by Lisa Greenwald. In all four books in the series (which is written entirely in text, BTW), the girls' group chat stays buzzing with *millions* of life updates, intense emotions and declarations of how much they love one another—just like you and *your* crew.
Keep reading to learn more about the books and see how you—
and your bestie can WIN the whole series.
Like Cece, Pri and Gabby, you and your BFFs have *definitely* sent one of these oh-so-relatable texts...
1. "OMG I have no idea what to wear today!!" 👗
You know *anyone* else would be annoyed by your 6 a.m. text, but for you, she'd drop everything to look at 30 pics of the same top.
2. "My mom will drive us there if your mom will pick us up." 🎉
Obv, you'll be attached at the hip *all* weekend long. When you're constantly connected, you can start making plans well before Friday night.
3. "I know times are tough right now, but you're going to make it through." 💓
You know your bestie better than anyone. So when she's going through a hard time, you've got the *perfect* emoji (and words of wisdom) ready.
4. "Need a study buddy ASAP!" 📚😱
When you're spending Sunday night stressing over a biology quiz, you know your personal tutor is just a frantic message away.
5. "Red alert. Bae is talking to me. What do I say?!?!" 😘🆘
Just try to maintain casual eye contact with your crush while try to remember what you texted your bestie. After all, *she's* the one you practiced this convo with!
Want more *relatable* texting moments? Then be sure to check out the TBH series: TBH, This Is SO Awkward, TBH, This May Be TMI, TBH, Too Much Drama and the most recent installment TBH, IDK What's Next.
The books follow close-knit besties Cece, Pri and Gabby through all the ups and downs of middle school: fam, friendships, crushes and more. They're written *entirely* in text messages, emails and diary entries, which makes reading them as easy as scrolling through your phone. The best part? You can win the *entire* TBH series for you and your BFF—read on for more!
6. "Just had a serious convo with my parents...can we FaceTime?" 😥💔
Life can get messy. Your bestie *always* gives the best advice—and helps you get perspective.
7. "This is the funniest! Knew only you would understand this." 😂
The two of you spend so much time together you practically have your own language, which ofc includes your shared sense of humor.
8. "You are going to do AMAZING and I'm rooting for you no matter what." 🏆🌟
Whether she's auditioning for the school play, trying out for the team or hoping to ace her next English essay, you're always there to be her personal cheerleader.
9. "I am the luckest person in the world because you're my BFF." 🍀👯
What can you say? She's the kindest and most incredible person in the entire universe—and you're definitely not biased.
10. "Thanks for always being there. I love you." ❤️
No matter what happens in life, you know her push notifications are *always* on for you.
ENTER TO WIN THE ENTIRE SERIES
Get lost in Cece, Pri and Gabby's group chat and share the memories with your BFF. One lucky GL reader will win the *entire* TBH series published so far: TBH, This Is SO Awkward, TBH, This May Be TMI, TBH, Too Much Drama and TBH, IDK What's Next.
For your chance to win, simply press the pink enter button below. Enter as many times as you want between now and Aug. 31 at 11:59 pm. PS: This giveaway is open to US addresses only. Good luck!
Book covers: HarperCollins. Photography by Sean Scheidt. GIF credit: Giphy.
check these out!
you might like these
- This riveting read takes you on an unforgettable adventure through time
- Waiting for a crush to make a move? You’ll *totally* relate to this poem
- Check out this *sweet* poem, "The Girl in the Corner," by a GL reader like you!
- Chloe Lukasiak loves these wildly different, supremely satisfying November reads