and get our latest issue for FREE!click here
16 fun in the sun summertime dates
It might be a few more weeks 'til it's officially summer, but we're ready for our fun in the sun now! First on our list? Planning a unique summer date. Here are some cool ideas that will make a fun date for both you and your man, that neither of you will forget. Just remember the sunscreen and bug spray!
1. Go for a hike or bike ride. If you’re an outdoorsy gal, this date is totally for you. The two of you will be able to be adventurous and have plenty of time to talk along the way.
2. Pack some food and a blanket to have a picnic dinner (even if it’s in your own backyard)! The cool summer night air will be refreshing after a day out in the sun. You can make your fave dessert and you can end the date by looking at stars. Sigh, how romantic!
3. Head to a local fair. There are plenty of fun festivals and fairs in the summer, try checking those out with your man. All you have to do is check a local newspaper for listings of cool events in your area.
4. Lions and tigers and bears, oh my! Take a trip to the zoo. This may be a blast from the past, but who doesn’t love looking at all of the cool animals?
5. Be a tourist in your own town, this may sound strange but it will give you a totally new perspective on where you live. You can go site seeing and visit all the places that make your area unique, things that normally only visitors would do! And if you’d like, it’s a great excuse to take pictures with your cutie.
6. If you wanna make a splash and cool off with your man, go to a water park.
7. Root, root, root for the home team and go to a baseball game. If you cheer for the same team, you will bond over that…But if you don’t, make a bet on the game—loser has sing take me out to the ball game or pay for ice cream.
8. If you and your man are do-gooders, why not raise some money for charity? You can have a bake sale or garage sale and donate the money you earn to the cause of your choice. You will be doing a good deed and hanging out with your man in the process.
9. There are loads of outdoor concerts in the summer. If you want to get some cheap tix, check out when some local bands are playing. This is a great date that can be super inexpensive and entertaining.
10. Get in touch with your playful side and go to your favorite old playground.
11. Cool off with a water gun fight. Boys love a challenge and this is one that will be fun for the both of you.
12. Bring out your old board games, be a little competitive and have a game night. To spice things up, make a deal so that the winner gets to choose your next date.
13. Head down to the river and go tubing. Floating down a river is a relaxing way to stay cool with your hottie this summer.
14. I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream, so why not make some of your own? Make some homemade ice cream with your man. But if you don’t feel like doing it yourself, you can always go out and buy a cone together.
15. Play a round of mini golf. This is a fun activity that can be as competitive as you’d like.
16. Watch a movie under the stars, set up a blanket or some lawn chairs, bring a laptop outside, and pop in your favorite flick. Don’t forget the popcorn!
Love this post? You'll heart these too...
MAJOR PLUS! GL is now on Google+ and Glossi. Fab!
POSTED IN summer, guys, Dating, GL's best guy advice, boyfriend Q & A, weekend fun, date, summer