and get our latest issue for FREE!click here
MAKE IT CUTE
DIY custom kicks
They say diamonds are a gal’s best friend, but let’s be honest: Shoes are a very close second. We’ve got an easy and fun way to snag a pair that are 100 percent your own.
Let out a little creative energy by designing and decorating your own shoes. You’ll never have to worry about seeing anyone else with the same ones.
What you’ll need:
Plain canvas shoes
Acrylic paint in assorted colors
Various paint brushes
Anything else you want to use to decorate your shoes
What you’ll do:
1. Prep your work surface by covering the area with newspaper or a plastic trash bag.
2. If you’re a little hesitant to jump right in, lightly pencil in your design on the shoes first.
3. Use painter’s tape to cover up the parts of the shoe you don’t want to get paint on, like the trim of
4. Take laces (if there are any) out of your shoes.
5. Pull out your paints and get to work! Paint whatever details you would like on your shoes.
6. Wait for the paint to dry (it shouldn’t take long. Let’s say, no more than 10 minutes tops).
7. Decorate your shoes with anything else you want. Need ideas? Try stitching on ribbons or buttons,adding rhinestone embellishments or ironing on patches.
8. Lace ‘em back up and take your one-of-a-kind creations out for a walk!