FAB UP YOUR LIFE
How to make the perfect pompom for anything (including our Feb/March pompom blanket craft!)
What you’ll need:
What you’ll do:
1. Cut two cardboard circles of identical size, then cut a small round hole in the center of each circle. The larger the circles are, the larger your pompoms will be. The smaller the circles, the smaller your poms.
2. Hold the two circles together. Now, start wrapping yarn around them, passing the ball of yarn through the small center circle and around the edges. For the first few wraps, hold the end of the yarn with your fingers to keep it in place, and wrap the yarn tightly.
3. Keep winding the yarn around and around the circle. Make sure to keep it even and not to leave any gaps. The more yarn you wrap, the fluffier your poms will be.
4. When you’re finished, or have run out of yarn, place the tip of your scissors between the two cardboard circles and cut the yarn neatly all the way around the circle’s outer edge.
5. Cut a long piece of yarn and tie it between the two circles tightly—this is what will keep your pompom from unraveling. You can tie this piece of yarn into a loop, and use it to attach to a project.
6. Cut an edge of the cardboard from outer edge to inner circle and pull the cardboard doughnut away.
7. Fluff up your pompom and give it a trim to make sure all the yarn bits are even. Tada!
LOVE THIS POST? YOU’LL HEART THESE, TOO…
GL GIVEAWAY! Sweat in style with a $400 stash of Reebok goodies.