MAKE IT CUTE
This DIY will relax you from your head to your toes
Ready to live in the lap of luxury during your day off? First it's time to get just a little bit crafty and make your own totally luxe bath bomb.
What you'll need: ½ cup of baking soda • ¼ cup of citric acid • ¼ cup of corn starch • ¼ cup of epsom salt • a few drops of any color food coloring • a bath bomb mold • 3 teaspoons of castor oil • 1 tablespoon of any scented oil (any oil that you want your bath bomb to smell like—coconut and honeysuckle scents are great for the summer!) • 1 tablespoon of water • *All of these ingredients can be found at your local craft or grocery store!*
1. Combine all your dry ingredients into a large bowl (baking soda, citric acid, corn starch, epsom salt) and use a whisk to mix them together.
2. In a separate smaller bowl, combine your wet ingredients (castor oil, scented oil, water, food coloring).
3. Slowly mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Pour in a little at a time while whisking so that the ingredients don’t react with each other.
4. Keep mixing until your mixture is thick.
5. Take your mixture and fill your bath bomb mold. Pack it tightly so that the ingredients easily shape to the mold.
6. Let it dry over night and voila! You have yourself a bath bomb.
Optional: If you really want to make your bath bomb resemble the ones they have at Lush, add dried flowers or even body glitter to your mix. Be creative!
What are you waiting for? Light some candles, put your favorite Netflix show on and toss a bath bomb in. You’ll feel pampered in no time.
Recipe credit: WhatsUpMoms Youtube Channel