MAKE IT CUTE
Turn an old picture frame into a colorful calendar
Does keeping track of everything going on in your life get a little stressful sometimes? Don’t sweat it! Follow this DIY to revamp an old picture frame into a cute monthly calendar. Keep your life organized and never miss an important event again with this productive project.
What you'll need: 12 inch x 16 inch picture frame, 35 paint swatches or paint chips in the colors of your choice, scotch tape, scissors, ruler, dry-erase markers
1. Lay your picture frame in front of you. Open the back of the frame to remove the paper inside. Make sure you leave the blank side of the paper facing up.
2. Using your ruler, measure each paint swatch so its 3 1/4 inch on each side. Cut each paint swatch accordingly. Do this to all 35 paint swatches.
3. Position the cut paint swatches onto the blank side of the paper from the picture frame so there are 5 rows and 7 columns. Be creative with what colors you choose for each day!
4. Once each paint swatch is where you want it to be, tape the back of each one to the paper.
5. Attach small rectangular pieces of paint swatches above each column to provide a space to write each day of the week.
6. Put the paper with the paint swatches on it back into the picture frame and close it.
7. With your dry-erase marker, fill in the days of the week over the small pieces of rectangular paint swatches above the columns. Begin the first column on the left with Sunday.
8. Write in the name of the month at the top of the calendar and mark the numbered dates of the month over the square paint swatch pieces.
9. Finally, scribble all of your monthly events onto your calendar so you never miss a thing. The glass on the frame functions to protect your calendar and works as a dry-erase board. At the end of the month, simply erase the writing on the glass and redo it according to the new month’s dates. It’s that easy!
Are you excited to try this cute calendar DIY? How do you stay organized every day?