MAKE IT CUTE
Use crayons to make this cute DIY candle
Crayons play a huge role in childhood and recently they have even become popular among people of all ages (thank you, adult coloring books!). It's not surprising that most people have bags of unused crayons laying around their house, but this super cute DIY can give them a different purpose. Whether you use old crayons you already have or buy a new box, you'll fall in love with these color block crayon candles.
What you'll need:
- Dixie cups
- Popsicle sticks
- Plate stand
1. Pour a small amount of wax into a Dixie cup and microwave for 1 minute. Stir with a popsicle stick and pour thin layer onto bottom of a votive. Place a wick in the center and let harden.
2. Peel paper off three different crayon colors you want to use. Fill three Dixie cups with wax and break up each crayon in separate cups. Microwave the wax right before you use it for two minutes and stir then microwave for another two minutes.
3. Prop the votives on the plate stand so it's on an angle. Pour in the colored wax you want to be at the bottom. Wait 20-30 minutes for the first layer of wax to harden.
4. Turn votives around to pour the second layer of wax color on a different angle. Let it dry for 20-30 minutes then take votive off plate stand to put on flat surface.
5. Fill up the votive with the third layer of wax color and wait one hour for it to dry before lighting it.
What color combo would you make? What other DIY can you do with crayons? Let us know in the comments below!
Photo/Tutorial credit: Brit+Co