MAKE IT CUTE
8 journaling prompts to better understand yourself
If you want to dive deeper into your life and reflect on who you are and why you're here, journaling prompts are going to be your new BFF. Looking inward has so many positive impacts that help you grow into the person you're meant to be. For example, you can begin to understand what matters to you (like your values and goals) and what truly brings you joy. When you better understand yourself, you can find areas in your life to improve—while also enhancing what you're already capable of doing.
Writing in your journal is a healthy habit that will help you get more comfortable with answering life's deepest questions. Maybe you'll even consider adding it to your self-care routine!
Whether you've never journaled before or you're a master at it, we have 8 *totally* easy-peasy journaling prompts to get you writing. (Obvi, no wrong answers here!)
1. Where have you seen the most growth in yourself in the past few months? Try considering relationships with friends or family or a specific part of you. For example, have you become more patient or kind?
2. Create a list of 10 things that inspire you. (It could be anyone or anything, no matter how big or small.)
3. What do you value the most in yourself and others? Do you see these values upheld in your life?
4. When you are happiest, what are you doing and who are you with?
5. Write a paragraph about the person you currently are then write another paragraph about who you want to become. Compare the two!
6. Make a list of 15 *tiny* things that make you happy.
7. What are you most grateful for right now? (Reflect on family, friends and everyday things such as the weather or a book you're reading.)
8. How do you want to grow in the next few months, and what goals can you set to help you achieve it?
Need help starting your journaling journey? Check out these posts:
💙 The *ultimate* roundup of planners, notebooks and journals you need this fall
💙 Make a one-of-a-kind notebook in no time
💙 These aesthetic school supplies will make going back to school *so* much fun
What journaling prompt was your fave? Let us know on Twitter @girlslifemag
All GIFs via GIPHY