MAKE IT CUTE
How to make your own recycled heart bookmarks
It's February—and love is *so* in the air—but celebrating love isn't just reserved for romantic roses and chocolates. This V-Day, let's show some love for our planet with a recycled bookmark heart.
This DIY isn't only easy-peasy, but it's also the perf way to reduce paper waste by creatively repurposing the materials that you have lying around your house (old worksheets, homework packets, magazines, newspapers) into an adorable craft.
What You'll Need
- Recycled paper (we recommend magazine and newspaper scraps)
- Markers (optional)
- Stickers (optional)
- Paint (optional)
1. Cut out a square from your paper. Most scrap paper is rectangular, so your first step is to cut out a square. Fold one corner of the paper down and use the edge as a guide to cut off the excess paper (that you can save for later!)
2. Cut your square into two halves. Now, you'll have two smaller sheets of paper. You'll only need one to make this DIY, but make sure to set your unused piece aside—these bookmark hearts are so fun that you'll just *need* to make more.
3. Fold and fold! Fold your paper hotdog-style, then hamburger-style. The first photo shows what your paper should look like folded open, and the second photo shows what your paper should look like folded closed.
4. Fold one side of the paper up to the line.
5. Now, fold the other side. See the heart starting to take shape? Almost there!
6. Fold the top down. Flip your DIY over and fold down roughly a centimeter of the top portion.
7. Fold each of the four corners down.
8. Secure with tape. Tape down the folded corners and along the line in the middle. We recommend taping on the inside (while the heart's flipped over) so that the tape isn't visible from the outside.
9. Flip your craft over. Ta-da!
You're all done! Look how cute...
Want more DIY content? Check out these related posts:
✂️ These *adorbs* DIY phone cases are the perfect at-home activity!
✂️ 4 easy DIYs to revamp your jeans
✂️ The crafty girl's guide to glowing up your phone
✂️ A step-by-step guide to making DY wire rings
All GIFs via GIPHY
All images by Zoe Yu