MAKE IT CUTE
10 tips to taking perfect prom pics
1. Give yourself plenty of time. You don’t want to have to rush through your photos because you are running late for the big dance. Make sure you start to prep several hours ahead of time to ensure you will have ample time to take great shots.
2. While you’re prepping, make sure to skip any foundation that contains SPF. The titanium dioxide found in SPF will actually reflect light away from your face--making you appear very washed out in photos. Eek!
3. When Mom and Dad (and Grandma and your neighbors and everyone else on your block) are snapping pics at the house, be sure to carefully pick out your background. Try taking photos in a lush garden or someplace with lots of flowers or greenery.
4. Be sure you’re in a place where there is a good deal of bright light. Natural light will make the colors of your dress appear most true in your photos.
5. Maintain good posture: Lengthen your neck, pull your shoulders back and tuck in your tummy just a bit. Spend a bit of time practicing in the mirror before the big day.
6. We’re big fans of standing at an angle to the camera, which makes your body appear more slender. Just don’t hide your entire dress! Make sure the photographer can still see both hips.
7. Get together with different groups of friends. You are going to want pictures of yourself with the people you spent your fabulous prom night with.
8. Nix the awkwardness and don’t be afraid to get close to your cutie. You and your date will be dancing the night away and having a great time. Try to look like you like each other in the photos (even if you’re just friends!).
9. Smile! This is a happy day and you are going to have a great time. Relax, and let your smile be genuine and heartfelt. You don’t want to look back at the pictures years later and wonder why your grin looked so forced.